Home Learning Packs
Please work your way through the home learning pack which was sent home with your child pack.
Each pack includes:
- A phase 3 phonics booklet (focusing on recognising, applying, and writing sounds, please ensure children are forming letters correctly as per sheet instructions)
- A set of picture prompt cards, for children to write simple sentences about what they can see in each image. Please focus on fingers spaces, capital letters and full stops
- CVC word writing booklet
- A phase 2/3 sound mat to support with writing
- Phonics games
- A reading record sheet for you to document books you read together at home. Please continue to read with your child daily, encourage them to talk about the pictures, retell the story, and look for the first 16, and next 24 high frequency words in the text
- A set of Maths challenges focusing on counting and ordering numbers, halving and doubling, more and less than, adding and subtracting, and solving number problems
- Creative activities, focusing on cutting skills, cookery ideas etc
- A copy of the Early Learning Goals which the children are ‘expected’ to achieve at the end of reception
We also ask that you visit https://www.purplemash.com/sch/stjohns-PE29 each day to access the 2do's (online learning) which have been set, and explore the games too!
Myself and Mrs Taylor will be setting weekly activities for the children to complete, which we will be able to see remotely once completed and saved. In addition to this, weekly phonics sounds will be set for the children to practice and apply within the activity.
All you need to do is enter your child’s username and 4-digit password, which can be found on a card sent home prior to the school closing.