St John’s Curriculum Intent Statement
- At St John’s our intention is to deliver a broad, rich and innovative curriculum which provides our pupils with engaging and purposeful learning experiences. While we follow the programmes of study for individual subjects as outlined in the National Curriculum in England we strive to be creative and, where possible, link subjects within topics which incorporate ‘WOW’ moments which spark children’s interests and relate to real world issues.
- The curriculum is mapped out deliberately so that learning in one subject is built upon in others thereby deepening understanding.
- So that children are more able to relate to learning we ensure that learning is relevant to the local area and context.
- It is mapped out to ensure that learning in one year builds upon learning in the previous year and will inform learning in the next.
- We enhance all aspects of learning through regular trips and outings, first hand experiences, immersive topic days, visits from experts and members of the local community.
- Our curriculum prepares our pupils for life in modern British society by fostering in them attitudes and qualities which will enable them to be confident, resilient, creative and respectful citizens.
For further information about the Curriculum, please click on the subjects above or visit our individual class pages, which may be accessed via the children’s tab to the above right. Your child's Class Teacher will be happy to speak with you should you have any questions.